Monday, March 31, 2008

I officially know a Major Leaguer!!!


Ok so after not knowing his fate, or my best friend Summer's fate, it is official! Erick Threets is now a member of the SF Giants (only my favorite team!)

He was in the minors for about 7 years and this year would mark the end of his contract, so we heard rumors he might be traded, which would mean one of my best friends would have to move to some faraway yucky place.

Thankfully, that didn't happen. He was called into the office yesterday before the final Exhibition Game and told he was signed. I am so glad, what a huge accomplishment! I am very proud to say I know him personally and he is a great guy, and a hard throwing lefty.

I am excited for Summer and Erick as they embark on the new chapter in their life..... they are expecting a little one in 5 or 6 months as well : )

1 comment:

The Bowers! said...

Hi Stephanie! Married life is pretty great...but can be hard sometimes, too, like everything else. I wouldn't change it for the world. =o)

Okay, so to create a friends link I just went to "Layout" and then added a "page element". You can put people's names and the web address of their blogs/myspace pages/etc.

I totally related to your "why the heck do I only make 32k/year???" blog. I hated my first job out of college (hence I'm now in grad school instead) and was making that much. Ick, like half my income went to rent alone. And my boss was an a-hole and SO talked down to everyone. The work was so lame that I felt like I was actually getting dumber. After only 6 months my boss gave me a 20% raise (huge, right?!) but it pissed me off even more because I realized I wasn't unhappy about the low income...it was the job and the lame-o guys I worked with/for. I kept thinking "Okay, so more money doesn't make me like my job more. I need a different livelyhood."